Friday, March 07, 2008

Nanny and fairy hotmother extraordinaire

I got stuff to blog about but don't have the time to blog about it, thanks to work which takes up a significant portion of my day, Easter play practice which takes up a significant portion of my night, and on Wednesdays and Thursdays, American Idol, which takes up whatever time I have left. So I really should be asleep now coz' it's 1.20am, but I'm in the itchified mood to blog about something. And since I've already just covered the work that takes up a significant portion of my day, I might as well blabber about how I've been spending the significant portion of my nights recently. And throw in some free advertising since I'm at it!

My church is having a play on Easter play this coming 2oth, 21st and 22nd of March, 8.30pm each night. It's called "The Perfect Murdered", and as the title suggests, it's a story about a heinous murder and two detectives who try their very level best to find out who-dunnit. Was it the man's family? Was it a friend? Or one of his household help? And yes, there is a butler... but it wasn't him who dunnit! And what the heck does all this have to do with Easter? Well, you gotta come and watch to find out! Check out the flyers for the thing, man... they're pretty cool. :)




And if that isn't enough to spark your interest, there's an even cooler online trailer at Youtube! And half my face is in it for like a whole 3 seconds. Whoa. Now I can finally say I'm on Youtube. Whoopie! I don't have a big part though. I play the nanny to the girl who plays a 12 year old kid, but in real life she's actually 26 years old, which is one year older than me. And I only just found out her real age recently, which kinda made me go "What the *bleep*?? You serious???" Anyway, I only have a total of 9 lines... two of which are only two words long and one is three words long... so I spend a significant portion of the significant portion of my nights at practices sitting around and waiting for my scene to come. And it shall continue thus for the next couple of weeks until the play is done and everyone can finally spend their nights at home relaxing after work like we're supposed to. :P But it's going to be a great show, I'm sure, so everyone reading this who is not already involved in the play and not living in a foreign country, come and watch!

Unfortunately for me, my break won't even come then coz' I am involved in yet ANOTHER play... which is a short skit for my company's Annual Dance and Dinner. The theme for the dinner is Magic... and all the new joiners for the past year are divided into groups, and each group has to do a performance of a different theme such as Gypsies or Wizardry or something like that. My group's theme is Fairy Tales... so we decided to do a CSI-style skit with different fairy tale characters playings CSI investigators and the murder victim being poor little gingerbread man...half eaten to death? Or vicously thrown into a glass of milk? There's also Puss in Boots as Horatio Caine, and Little Red Riding Hood as Calleigh Ducaine, or whatever her last name is. And I have the dubious honour of playing the Fairy Hotmother a.k.a. that black chick who does the body autopsies and whose name I can't remember for the life of me right now. This is probably the only role I'll ever get in my life in which I can get away with wearing spaghetti straps, a mini skirt and fake fairy wings altogether. Certainly sounds a heckuva lot more interesting than playing a nanny... or an old lady like I did in my last church Christmas play! I keep asking my church people to give me a role as a hot chick... still hasn't happened yet. So now I have to get my kicks outsides of church. Tsk tsk tsk. Anyway, practices haven't started on my annual dinner skit yet... but once it does, I'll be up to my neck in busy-ness. *Wheeze!*

Ok, blogging itchiness satisfied. Time for bed.

No comments: