Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Laughing at myself is good.... :P

On Sunday after church, I had to rush out to meet my parents at 12pm as they were going to pick me to go for lunch with some relatives and some restaurant near Asia Jaya.

I was on guitar that day, and the sermon was taking longer than usual to finish coz' there were some really long announcements beforehand. 10 minutes to 12pm, the pastor is still talking, and I'm starting to get a bit fidgety and hoping he will end soon so I can grab my guitar from the stage, pack up and meet my parents. 5 minutes later, sermon was over, I did exactly that and had just enough time to pack up and fly out the door with my guitar when my parents pulled up in front of church in my uncle's BMW. Why is my dad driving my uncle's BMW? Well, my uncle stays in the same apartment block as us, but is currently working in Dubai. So instead of leaving his car to rot, my my uncle let my dad 'take care' of the car for him. In other words, he gets to drive around a free BMW and look like some hot shot rich guy to people who don't know the car isn't his. Heh. So since it's technically not my dad's car, I never bothered to remember the license plate number.

Anyway, back to my story. Parents were already there. I had just walked out with my guitar. So I told them to wait a while so I could throw my guitar into my car. So they drove up front a bit more while I went to my car.... or at least I *thought* they drove the car up front a bit. After dumping my instrument, I walked quickly back to the BMW parked in front of church that looked very much like my uncle's BMW. I flung open the back door and jumped right in.

It. Was. NOT. My. Uncle's. Car.

Fortunately the owner of the car was someone from church, Uncle Mak. He turned around, gave me this great big smile and asked me something along the lines of whether I needed something, but I can't remember what exactly he said coz' I was too busy realizing what had just happened. I imagine the look on my face at that moment was totally priceless. But I quickly recovered, explained to Uncle Mak that I mistook his car for the one my parents were in, laughed it off, and made a fast getaway. So fast that I brushed past Uncle Mak's son who was just about to get into the car and was probably wondering what the heck I just did. Turns out my dad decided to turn his car around so he was parked on the opposite side of the road.



MOCK ME! MOCK ME NOW! *Carol bangs head against the table in utter embarassment*

No comments: