Saturday, March 08, 2008

American Idol predictions: Part 2

It's down to the top 12! And my wish actually came true! Danny Noriega got kicked out this week! Woohoo!!!!

* Carol does Chicken Little dance while shaking invisible maracas*

I really thought he would actually get into the Top 12 coz' those crazy Vote For The Worse people actually WERE voting for him, and during the results shows it was down to Chekezie Eze, whom I didn't think performed very well so I thought he would get the boot and Danny would remain in the show to torture me... but thank God their votes were not enough to keep him safe. He's gone! He's gone! Hallelujah! Let the world rejoice! Let the world rejoice! Let the people be glaaaad! That Danny's goooooone!!

My overall predictions for the top 12 were pretty good. Just to refresh your memory, the ones I thought would get into the top 12 were:

1) David Hernandez - IN
2) David Archuleta - IN
3) Jason Castro - IN
4) Michael Johns - IN
5) Jason Yeager - OUT
6) Chikeze Eze - IN
7) Amanda Overmyer - IN
8) Kady Malloy - OUT
9) Asia’h Epperson - OUT
10) Ramiele Malubay - IN
11) Syesha Mercado - IN
12) Carly Smithson - IN

And the ones I thought would get the boot were:

1) Danny Noriega - OUT
2) Garrett Haley - OUT
3) Robbie Carrico - OUT
4) David Cook - IN
5) Colton Berry - OUT
6) Luke Menard - OUT
7) Alaina Whitaker - OUT
8) Kristy Lee Cook - IN
9) Brooke White - IN
10) Amy Davis - OUT
11) Alexandrea Lushington - OUT
12) Joanne Borgella - OUT

Well, 9 out of 12 isn't bad at all, I think. I can't really disagree with who got into the top 12 though. The 3 whom I thought would be kicked out actually performed much better than I expected in the last couple of weeks, so they do deserve to be in the Top 12.... though I still think Kristy is not that great a singer but she pulled off a country-ish song pretty well and that's why she scraped through. As for my hopefuls who didn't make it, Jason Yeager was unfortunately not cute enough to save himself from being too forgettable. So off he went. Bye bye, eye candy boy. Kady was a fun personality off-stage, but once she started singing, it really was like Night of the Living Dead. And she was soooooo off-tune. So off she went. Asia'h was a great singer but commited Idol suicide by choosing a Whitney Houston song to sing... which is a one way ticket to forgettable land. When will these people learn that singing Whitney or Mariah or any other slow and extremely well known diva song is the * last * thing you should do on American Idol?? They oughtta learn from Jason Yeager... take a relatively unknown and unpopular song and change it up a bit to make it sound fresh and different! And because it's an unpopular song, few people can compare it to the original. You do NOT want to be compared to Whitney or Mariah, man. Total Idol suicide.... So Asia'h was off as well.

So now the competition gets more fun... and much more difficult to predict. I thought the girls would stomp all over the guys with their big voices... but most of them are going down the horrid diva song path and becoming extremely boring. On the other hands, the guys are so much more fun to watch. And I'm not saying this coz' I'm bias towards guys, ok. There's no way I can guess who will win at this point... so what I will do is make another prediction... who will get into the top 6! And I think those people will be...

1) Jason Castro (I still love him, except the hair. CUT OFF THOSE DREADLOCKS!!)
2) David Cook
3) David Hernandez
4) David Archuleta
5) Michael Johns
6) Brooke White

Yeah, the guys will rule this year. Brooke is the only girl there coz' she's the most interesting performer of the bunch so far. The other girls can pretty much fade into the land of forgettable... unless they all wise up and stop choosing those boring diva songs, like, NOW.

Next Idol checkpoint in 6 weeks time! Stay tuned, people....

No comments: