Saturday, December 04, 2004

Whine whine whine

Arrrgh... my spectacles have become so lopsided! I don't know why every pair of specs I've ever bought always becomes higher on one side than the other.... Something must be wrong with the shape of my head or something....
Anyway, I'm pretty exhausted reflecting so much on Christianity and stuff that I think I'll step away from that for a while and talk about other things in my life. Some of my exam results were released a couple of days ago, and I got two distinctions for both subjects released. But I have another two subject results that haven't been released yet coz' some of the Monash lecturers have decided to be upstarts and refuse to release results until they get a salary raise. Well, if they can do that, I don't see why the Monash students can't be upstarts too and do something to make Monash lower tuition fees and other costs. I mean, Monash is one of the most expensive uni's in Australia, and it's the only one that makes its students pay for using the internet! And it's just crappy that the only people who can get Monash education are the people who have the money to pay for it. I feel sorry for everyone else who has the pay the insane prices these money-hungry buggers charge for a degree or two. And if that wasn't bad enough, the Aussie government this year decided to raise the prices of textbooks, which doesn't help at all. And all this after the crazy taxes that this government charges, half of which probably goes to unemployed bums coz'of some weird government policy to pay the unemployed $800 a month or something. Ok, so they have a pretty good medical insurance scheme thing going on for Aussie citizens and pr's, but that doesn't apply to international students, who pay much more than the locals. Like, hello? Do they think we internationals have money growing out of our ears. Let's do like our lecturers and make them pay!.... Oh wait, I'm on scholarship and on exchange, so I don't have to pay tuition fees and I pay any other fees in Malaysian ringgit. So none of this applies to me....:P Haha, I just enjoy being a whiner sometimes. But then again, who doesn't?

No comments: