Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I'll be home for Christmas....

Yeash everyone, as the title of this blog entry suggests, I have given up trying to find a job in Australia, because of a couple of problems:
1) Most of the major companies in Australia close down for several weeks for the Christmas holidays. Bunch of lazy bums!! :P Therefore it would be close to impossible to find a place to work during this period
2) Due my extreme disorganization, I did not apply for my student work visa earlier, and so if I apply now, I'd have to wait about one to three weeks to get it...and I'm not prepared to hang around so long.
3) The visa costs $55 to apply for it, and considering I probably won't get a job, it's not too financially savvy to do so.
4) I don't wanna be alone for Christmas and New Year!!!!!!
*Ahem*, anyway I'm hoping to be home now around the middle of December. And after I party myself silly for the holidays, I shall set out to complete my personal holiday assignment, to learn more about other religions! For anyone who's thinking I have nothing better to do with my time, read my reasons for doing so in my previous entry, "A 'non-thinking' Christian makes her case".
In the meantime, Stuart suggested that I use this time before I go home to contact some companies I'd wanna work for here, so that if I come back to Australia to work once I complete my course (something which I hope to do), I'll just hook up my contacts again, which makes it easier to get a job. My dad told me to find contacts long ago, but was too lazy and too busy to do it. Plus I didn't really know how to go about it. Plus, who ever listens to advice from their dads? :P Just kidding... I'm just like any other young adult female...a bit of a rebel at heart. Of course, if you're anything like my mum, then you're a rebel no matter how old you are, but that's another story....So no need to wonder where I get it from!

No comments: