Monday, December 27, 2004

Poetry in motion, lalalalalaaaaa....

I had a sudden rush of creativity yesterday and I actually wrote a whole song in less than an hour. Just had one of those moments where I had an inspiration and the right words and a catchy tune all came out on paper at one go. Haven't had one of those moments for a while and I LOVE it....plus I consider it one of the best songs I've written, which makes it extra fun. It's kinda personal and angsty though, so as proud as I am of it, I'm kinda shy to post em lyrics. But if you really bug me and I think you can handle it, I just might play it for you live! :P I'm also looking forward to my brother coming back from the US for a few months. He's a darn good musician himself and he knows where to go to record music and stuff, so if I nag him enough, I might be able to get him and some of his musical friends to play for me and record some of my songs. That would be sweet.... And if I'm good enough, might even get a record deal and I'll be a famous Malaysian female rocker! Haha....yeah right. ~_~ Anyway, back on planet earth, I was also going through some of my older poems and songs today, and amazed at some of the stuff I wrote. Amazed both at the stuff I wrote that I still find ex-TA-remely good, and the stuff that I found ex-TA-remely crappy. I've written quite a heap of crap too... maybe more than 50 poems and songs in the past 6 years. I'm considering setting up a webpage on which I can put them, to share with others and also in case something happens to my precious hard copy poetry collection. Of course, I'll have to think of what to do with the stuff that's too crappy or too personal. Something else to keep me occupied during the holidays. I haven't even started on my 'holiday assignment' on checking out other religions and stuff, coz' I've been keeping myself busy going for Christmas celebrations, putting up photos in my room,, doing housework, going to the gym, and of course, sleeping. Hmm... such a productive semester holidays! :)
By the way, I've noticed quite a number of people actually check out my blog every few days. I'm quite amazed....is it really so interesting reading about other people's crap? Coz' I've checked out some blogs that really just has so much crap I don't care about that it puts me to sleep....although I know a few that are quite interesting too. So I guess my life isn't all that boring after all. That's a good sign. I think. Nyam nyam.

No comments: