Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Life back home 2

I've been very, very sloth-like since I got back. Did a few things on Sunday like go to church and go out, but today I've just been sitting in front of the computer, taking a very long time to do things that would take only a while if I was concentrating. I have quite a few things I want to do, like finish my unpacking, print out some photos to decorate my room with, read some books, do my holiday 'assignment' on religion, and such. But I have a feeling I'll just end up being too darn lazy to do anything except bum around in front of the computer playing Neopets for hours.
Another gripe I've had about being back in Malaysia is that certain people here can be quite... unrefined and tactless. Like on Sunday, I bumped into a lady I knew at the Summit selling Chinese food... one of those Chinese older ladies whose English is quite broken... and as soon as she saw me, she practically shouted in surprise loud enough for everyone to hear and said loudly"You so fat!! Last time when you were working in the cinema, you were so beautiful! Now you so fat!!". Like, thanks for letting the whole world know. As if it's not enough that my mum has been and always will be badgering me to lose weight. And yes, I have put on weight, and I do intend to lose it soon. But geez, it just ticks me off the way some people can be so rude and insensitive around here. Not that something like this definitely wouldn't happen in Australia, but I think people there are generally a lot more tactful. I'm glad at least Stuart wasn't one of those guys who pick on their girl's weight. Although I was a bit mean myself coz' I'd pick on the size of his belly, but that's coz' I'm pretty straight forward with everyone I'm close to... which sometimes means I say kinda tactless things myself. I dunno, maybe it's a Chinese thing... or just runs in my family!
I think I'll go vegetate in front of the tv now....

No comments: