Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Brissy holiday tomorrow!

I'm now at Leon's house, staying overnight and preparing for my flight tomorrow to Brisbane. No doubt he's going to read this sooner or later, so ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank Leon, and his mum and Sarah for never failing to welcome me into their humble abode whenever I happen to need to stay over in Melbourne. Not only that, but his mum cooks some pretty awesome food for me too (which you should appreciate, Thundercat boy! :Þ). And not only that, but they've been willing to drive me around to and from the city and even all the way to the airport tomorrow. Aren't they just so nice? Everyone who reads this has to give a slap on the back to Leon and family for me when they go back to Malaysia...
As I was saying, tomorrow is the first day of my holiday and I hope I get to do as much as I can in the short one week that I'm there. I REALLY wanna visit Dreamworld so I can ride the nutsy roller coasters and tell my roller-coaster-loving mum (yes, she still rides them and loves them even though she's like 53 or something. Hope she doesn't mind that I just gave away her age) about them. I also REALLY wanna visit Moreton Island to go feed the dolphins! That would be SOOOOOO cool!!!! I would love to go to Australia Zoo (the home of Steve Irwin!), and I would love to go sky diving (which I probably will do since my friend Steve going with me says his bro managed to get a good deal for sky diving at $200, which is considered cheap. :Þ) . Other than that, there isn't anything else in particular that I would absolutely wanna do, although there are plenty of other things to do like scuba diving, bushwalking, surfing, and other nice nature inolved things. Too much to do all in just one week though, so hope I can make the most of it, especially since I have to consider where my backpacking partner Steve wants to go as well.
Not to be mean, but I also hope I can get through the week being with him all the time, coz' truth be told, Steve is one guy who is SO full of himself. Thinks he's the hottest guy around and not afraid to let everyone knows. Although, of course, not everyone agrees. I've even had some pretty mean friends warn me to watch out in case he tries to do anything funny to me, which I think is unfair. I know him well enough to know that even though he's a bit of a hot air balloon, he's basically a good person and a good friend I can sorta trust. Thing is, when it comes to people with strong outgoing characters like Steve, others tend to be a bit too judgemental and make assumptions about him based on the few things they see of the way he behaves without actually getting to know him. Quite sad really, considering these other friends of mine who judge him so are actually Christians. And they even go around saying such bad things about him to other people. I don't want to make the same mistake of judging my own friends who are doing this coz' I know Christians are far from perfect themselves....but James 4:11 is something these guys need to dwell on a bit.
Kinda sidetracked a bit there....I'd better get to bed now coz' I need to ake up early for my flight tomorrow. Hopefully I can update you guys about my holidays during the week....but it's highly unlikely. So catcha all in a week!

No comments: