Sunday, July 03, 2005

Yay, it's a good day! - Part 1

It's Saturday and it's been a very busy day with me being out all day since 8am until about 10.30pm.....I'm about to collapse from fatigue, but I've had such a great day today, I just really wanted to blog about it. I dunno, I felt of lot of things just went well today, and not just today but also last night when I went for my new cell group. For anyone not of CBC youth origin, the cell group members have all been kinda messed up and mixed around so our cell groups now all have different cell members. There are only three people from my old cell in my new cell now, including me and my ex cell leader, Theng Terk, who now just is a member (with some leadership roles, of course), and Kelvin, who was a member is my old cell group but is now the new leader of my new cell group. Yesterday was our first meeting, and I think it went off smashingly well...and considering I would never normally use the word 'smashingly' in my daily speech, it just goes to show how much I'm dying of fatigue right now. But anyway, I had the dubious honour of being the one to do the first praise and worship session at our first cell meeting, and I even surprised myself at how well it went. Most of the time when I play, I feel it doesn't really turns out right and is kinda draggy or something, but yesterday everyone was really into it, and everything just flowed great....it was an awesome worship time. I'm betting it was a little Holy Spirit giving me a hand....maybe it's one of those signs this cell is going to really work well together with anointing and all that good stuff. Forgive me,my non-Christians friends who my use of perplexing Christian jargon. :P Anyway, yeah, I have a good feeling about this cell group.
But anyway, that was yesterday, and today is today. Today, as I always do on Saturdays, I had my good ol' Taekwondo class. And since my class started at a later time than most classes (11am), I decided to hop around some of my instructor's other schools and help out a bit, and ended up at a class teaching some yellow belt kids. They were kinda fun to teach, even though they were a bit undisciplined, talking all the time and saying stuff to each other while I was teaching. I would joke around with them a bit too, and they took to me well too even though most of them weren't familiar with me. But when the time came round to it and I told them to be serious, yell loud, do their taegeuk (pattern) well, they all did well and yelled so loud I swear anyone at the other side of the school would have heard them. And these were just 8 kids! That was pretty fun.
As it happens, that assistant of mine who still gave me the cold shoulder today even after my explanations and my apologies, happened to be at that school I was helping out at the time. As expected, she didn't want to look at me, and I had to pointedly go up to her and ask her if she was going to my school to help out later or not. She said no, and had already told our instructor about it. And I said fine and went off to do other stuff. She can wallow in her little "She-did-me-wrong-so-I-don't-wanna-forgive-her" attitude if she wants. I have a class to teach, and even though she is a good assistant, if she's gonna have an attitude like that and not cooperate with me, I'm more than happy to let her go. As it was, even without her, I managed to teach a good class today with only my two remaining permanent assistants, plus another one who came over to help out. In fact, I was quite surprised today, when I had a class of well over 70 students today and all the kids were so superbly well behaved today. They were very quiet during the stretching exercises, when usually they're all be talking about making noise like it was a 'pasar malam'. And when I was teaching some kids and told the others to sit down, they were pretty well behaved too....well, except for some of the younger ones who still acted a bit like noisy monkeys. But wow, I really to say this has gotta be something to do with the fact that I'd been asking a bunch of people to pray for me and my taekwondo class this past week. Thanks to everyone who did! :D Especially to Poh Lin, who prayed that the kids would respect me, even though I didn't specifically ask for that....that must've been one power-prayer! :P And to top it all off, when I had a talk with one of my other assistants today, even though he'd heard all the crap talking about me from the girl assistant, I asked him if it really seemed to him like I was ever scolding them, and he said I was ok. Which is good, coz' he doesn't agree with why that female assistant got pissed with me, and he still supports me. I talked a bit more with him, and he even told me that while I was in Australia, he was around to hear some of the other assistants talking crap about me, saying that they hated me for some strange reason. I don't wanna drop names, but I know the two black belts he was talking about. One was the black belt who was assisting me before he got sent to another school a few months back. The one who had always acted so nice in front of me, and then slowly I find out he's been saying all this nonsense, not just this year but even LAST year when I wasn't around. *roll my eyes* The other black belt is possibly the most crudest guy I've ever met, with 90% of his vocabulary consisting of vulgarities and not a very likable personality. I didn't like him much before, but I can safely say I've never been rude to him or anything.... I pretty much just tolerated his presense whenever we taekwondo people hung out. And ever since I found out that this guy did something to one of my best friends which was nothing less than detestable (not at liberty to talk about that either, but let's just say, if YOU found out this guy did this to someone you cared about, you'd wanna beat the crap out of him too), I've been thinking even much less of him. So to find out today that these two particular fellas have been talking a lot of crap about me...well, it's interesting. But it hasn't brought me down one bit. For one thing, my assistant's willingness to tell me these things shows me that he has a good attitude and isn't one to believe the crap that other people say, which makes for a good assistant. For another thing, his support tells me I'm not the annoying person the other girl seems to take me for. For another-nother thing, knowing that those two pathetic crap-talkers think so lowly of me makes me even more determined to work hard in teaching my class well, with the few assistants I have, so that the students will do so much better than when they were in charge, AND I will have the respect of my students, AND I will build a rep as a great taekwondo instructor like the one who taught me. Of course, I might be getting too far ahead of myself, and there's always a chance of failure...but hey, a little bit of motivation in the form of a desire to prove my critics wrong will probably help in a big way. :D
Anyway, that was just the morning of today. I haven't even gotten round to the afternoon, when I went to visit that WAO child care centre in PJ. But anyway, considering, I've blabbered on a lot about taekwondo stuff again, and I need to wake up early for church tomorrow. So I shall continue blabbering on about my good day, tomorrow! Heck, maybe tomorrow will be good too, and I'll have even more to blabber about. Ciowz!

1 comment:

Dissociated Mind said...

I'm glad things are turning out well. I would've been pretty disheartened to be in your position, but God is on our side. Glad you're keeping you chin up!