Friday, July 01, 2005

5 easy steps to destressing Naeem

You know, with all the stuff that's been going on lately, it becomes more apparent to me how difficult it is to get older and be laden with more responsibilities. When I was younger, I really had nothing else to worry about except studying hard and acing my exams. Now it's half a year before I graduate and probably start working and having to worry about saving up enough money to buy a house and car, paying for the bills, being in charge of whatever I'm in charge of once I start working, etc etc....and a few more years down the line, I might be married and having to think about starting a family, how to raise kids, how to deal with a husband who doesn't pick up his clothes or something, and probably have more work responsibilities as I get promoted in my job. Already, just being in charge of a taekwondo class is giving me plenty of headaches...I wonder how on earth I will manage to deal with the even harder stuff later on in life. And I always try to be the level-headed person....not losing my cool, trying to learn from mistakes, being patient with difficult people, trying to live up to what I think is ethical and all that stuff. But sometimes, when I just really don't feel like being the level-headed person, but I don't wanna blow my rep....this is an example of how I relieve my stress (according to exactly what I did just about a half hour ago...):

Step 1: Put my pet dog Sassy in my room
Step 2: Roll Sassy over on her back
Step 3: Proceed to rub her tummy at a rate of at least 10 rubs per second with both hands
Step 4: Start screaming and rambling on about my problems while continuing to rub her tummy at a rate of at least 10 rubs per second. For example: "Aaaahhhh, Sassy!!!! Why does life have to be so difficult? Why do people have to make life soooo complicated? Why can't people just be more like dogs? All you dogs have to do is look for food, and then after you eat enough, you go sleep and play and shit and pee, and that's your life. Of course, some dogs have it worse than you coz' they're strays and if they can't find their food they die of starvation or disease. But you have it sooooo easy. All you have to do all day is sit around and look cute with us and we feed you so you can be so fat and pudgy like you are now, you fat, little, pudgy, piggy dog. And you can just play and eat and sleep and shit all day. But people have to do this and that and worry about a heap of stuff and make life so complicated for us with our businesses and economies and responsibilities and emotions and yadda yadda yadda. Don't you just have a great life? You don't have to worry about any of that stuff. I would just love to have a life like that, except that I can't go out unless my owners decide to take me out....and I'm stuck eating gross dog food all the time. But nevermind...you know, this is why I've always wanted to work with animals so much....coz' they're so much more easier to work with than people. With animals, it's plain and simple. Either they like you and they show you their affection, or they don't like you and they run away to protect themselves or try to eat you. But with humans, noooooOOOooo, it's soooo much more difficult. People can pretend to be nice to you and all, but just turn around and they stab you in the back. Or they only know how to complain and complain and complain about other people without ever giving support or encouragement. And everyone's just so caught up in their own problems that they don't care about anybody else. And the worst part is, I'm probably just like everyone else when it comes right down to it. Aaaarrrggghh!!! I just feel like killing myself sometimes.... No wonder so many people just take the easy way out and kill themselves. That's so sad. Isn't life so sad, Sassy? Ha? Ha? HAAAA? Do you understand what I'm saying? Can you possibly understand how I'm feeling and show me a little loyal dog-like affection instead of just staring at me, u blur little Shih Tzu???"
Step 5: Look at Sassy for a while, who just gives me one of her usual innocent looks, and say "*sigh* Go eat your food, you fat puppy" as she waddles out of the room and I wish I had a Golden Retriever instead.

P.S.: Don't worry, I'm not suicidal. Just one of those silly things I say when I need to destress. :P

No comments: