Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A fascinating lunch trip

I went out for lunch today with a friend, and when the waiter came over to take our orders, I had a look through the menu and found that local policemen was apparently one of their specials.

I decided Chicken Cop didn't sound very appetizing so I went for the Fish and Chips. I wasn't too sure about what to drink, so I told the waiter, in usual nonchalant Malaysian style, "Anything-lah!". My friend also couldn't decided what to drink, so she said, "Whatever also can!". So the waiter went off and came back a few minutes later with exactly what we ordered.


My 'Anything' turned out to be orange flavoured while my friend got a nice drink of ice lemon tea in her can of 'Whatever'. After our meal though, we both had immediate emergencies to attend to before going home, and found just the perfect place to do so.

So after we had happily completed our 'business' at the very aptly signed ladies toilet, we hopped into the car and I had to send her home, but got rather confused at one of the U-turns along the way...


I spent a good 5 minutes at this U-turn stopping and moving my car every few seconds, just to make sure I didn't go against either one of the signs. I didn't get caught by any chicken cops, so I think I did a pretty good job of abiding by the law.

Once I dropped off my friend and I got home, I decided to practice some good dental hygiene by brushing my teeth after every meal. So I got out my toothbrush and my favourite brand of toothpaste (which is the new and improved version of Oral-B).

Oh yeah, who knew brushing teeth could be so much fun? Hmmm....

And to make sure my mouth was truly and completely free of germs, I rinsed out with a cup of 'Isteri'.

And that was my fascinating lunch trip! And after you've recovered from my horrible Oral-Me joke, here's the rundown and where all these fascinating photos were taken:

1) The Chicken Cop - It's part of the menu at the cafeteria of Wisma Guthrie, the building where I work. You might also have noticed at the bottom of the pic that they spelled 'Rice Dishes' as 'Rice Disher', and somewhere on the menu (not in the pic), they also spelled 'Noodles' as 'Noddles'. Obviously whoever made the menu did not pass their spelling tests in school.

2) Anything and Whatever - I went shopping at Mydin for some chicken nuggets to cook for my cell group's potluck dinner tonight, and saw packs of these canned drinks being sold at the Mydin main foyer. Apparently some genius in Singapore came up with the idea of calling their drinks 'Whatever' and 'Anything' to cater to the indecisive people who can't be bothered what to drink when they go out to eat, so they just order anything or whatever. The drinks were more expensive than the usual canned drinks, but I couldn't resist getting a couple of packs to share with my cell group. I also got two free postcards, and one was of a hot chick posing with a can of Whatever, so I gave the postcard to my cell leader, since he was the only single and available male there that night and I did not want any girlfriends/wives killing their boyfriends/husbands due to over-ogling at a postcard. He seemed pretty happy with the postcard. :)

3) The funny ladies toilet sign - It's a real sign for a real ladies toilet at Sime Eco-Retreat at Kempas, Malacca, one of the places I've been going to quite often to prepare for an upcoming audit. We ladies definitely know where to go in case of emergencies.

4) The Stop and Don't Stop road signs - The signs are right next to each other at the U-turn right next to SS23 on the LDP highway. Perhaps it's a way for policemen to make extra 'duit kopi' by catching motorists there... one way or another, drivers have to go against one of the signs. Yeesh.

5) Oral Me - It actually is the latest version of Oral-B toothpaste. I think the name says it all...

6) Listerine becomes Isteri - This ad for Listerine is at the Bangsar LRT station, and it seems some joker had the smart idea of removing the 'L', 'N' and last 'E' from the name to turn it into a completely different word. I don't condone ruining public ads for amusement... but it IS pretty funny. :)

No comments: