Friday, April 25, 2008

A Town Called Hypocrisy

Another way to entertain myself while I have been wasting my life at office recently was to check out new music through YouTube. I had heard a couple of songs from the band Lost Prophets a long time ago, and decided to give them a go. And was pleasantly surprised to find that all their songs (at least the ones I've heard so far) totally ROCK. The guitar riff for one song in particular, 'A Town Called Hypocrisy' has been officially stuck in my head for days. And there are a few parts where the backup singers sing "La. La. La. Lalalalalalalaaa...." that plays in my head sometimes too. And I'm not complaining coz' I LOVE the song. The video is pretty interesting too, though it is a bit YMCA-ish coz' of all the guys dressing up in various costumes. The lead singer says something rather funny before the song starts.



These guys also have the most fascinating titles for their songs, asides from the one above. Titles like 'Can't Stop, Got a Date With Hate', 'For All These Times Son, For All These Times', ' Always All Ways', and 'Heaven for the Weather, Hell for the Company'. All very good songs, but their hit song 'Rooftops' is still the best.... next to 'A Town Called Hypocrisy', that is. :)

Of course, not many people would give a crap about my unique rocker-fied musical tastes, so I won't waste your time by gushing about them too much. Too busy downloading all their music anyway. *whistles*

No comments: