Thursday, January 10, 2008

Things I learned from the bible today

I learned a few things from reading the book of Job today:

1) Blaming God for anything that goes wrong is a sin --> Job 1: 22 - "In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God"

I knew it was a sin to CURSE God or use God's name as a profanity, but I didn't know that just blaming God for things that go wrong is also a sin.... or maybe I just thought that it was probably not the right thing to do, just never thought of it as something as serious as SIN. Hmm...

2) I learned what is a weaver's shuttle --> Job 7: 6 - "My days fly faster than a weaver’s shuttle"

I know what is a weaver (a person who weaves cloth) and the shuttle I know is a space shuttle, so I didn't quite know what weaver's shuttle is. So I did some online research and found this info:

"Life" is often times compared to a web that is woven by a weaver. With an instrument called the shuttle, he inserts the filling into the woof of the material. With a rhythmic pattern matching the continuous succession of moments, hours, days, weeks, months, and years of a life, the weaver throws the shuttle from one side of the web to the other until it is exhausted of all thread, and the web becomes a finished product.

So now I know what a weaver's shuttle is.

3) Job really did not like egg whites --> Job 6: 6-7 "....Does anyone want the tasteless white of an egg? My appetite disappears when I look at it; I gag at the thought of eating it!"

Obviously Job never tried HARD-BOILED egg whites... They taste pretty good!

No comments: