Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A job well done.... I think :D

Woohoo! I have 40 hugs! Yay! Thanks everyone who's been giving me hugs (although technically it's not a real hug but a silly looking thing on my sidebar that you just click on....but it's the thought that counts! :P).

My skit on October 1st has come and gone, and after several weeks of sort of freaking out and trying to get things together to make a good skit, I think the whole thing came out really great. Thank God for that! I really appreciate everyone who helped out on the skit too, for coming to so many practices and sometimes not really doing anything but just watching other people practice. I really thank those people who shared their very encouraging real-life testimonies at the end of the skit - Charlene, Kelvin and Rachel, especially Rach coz' for her to go up in front on a bunch of people she doesn't know and talk about how something so personal like how she tried to commit suicide once and the way her dad treated her when she was younger, that really takes courage, man (I don't really blame her for almost freaking out the day before the show. :P). I'm also quite grateful to Jonathan for coming through on the very day of the show and helped figure out how to play the video WITH the sound coz' it wouldn't work before that. And of course, all the actors and actresses as well as the props and lighting people did a great job too. And yeah, I'll give myself a pat on the back too for doing a pretty good job if I do say so myself....kakaka! *perasantan* Apparently I was quite convincing as the depressed suicide case. So now you know, if I ever want to kill myself, I'll do it very convincingly! *sweatdrop*

Anyway, the main thing is at the end of the night, I know at least a few people were touched enough to want to know Jesus and went up during the altar call. I think there were about four people who went up front and Pastor Mal prayed for them, which seems like a few people, but to me even if only one person had gone up, it would've been worth the trouble. Anyway, even with all the silly little problems here and there, I still enjoyed doing the skit. But now I must get back to reality and start labouring over my assignments and reports again. Bleeeehhh... ^_^

No comments: