Friday, September 30, 2005

I came back from a field trip to Taman Negara a few days ago. Was there from Saturday to Tuesday, and got to do some a hiking (and enjoy watching some of my classmates, including myself, become half dead from all the walking. :P) and went into a cave full of cute little bats. And took a heap of photos of insects and other various nature pics. Pictures that of course will take me forever to put up here as usual. What to do with exams coming up and last minute assginments being piled onto me and other various things taking up my time. I did have a pic with a cute praying mantis on my hand looking right at the camera. That was pretty cool. :) And I took a short solo hike the day before me had to leave, which IMHO is the best way to hike coz' with so many people around, we make so much noise, chances of seeing any animals are slimmer coz' they all would heard the noise and ran away. Well, I didn't get to see anything particularly heart-stopping like a tiger or a wild boar or a big snake, but I did see a couple of hornbills flying around. I could hear them calling out to each other with their distinctive whooping noises for a few minutes while they were high up in the trees...so high that I couldn't see them until they both took flight, and even then all I could see were two seconds of the bottom of two big black birds flying above me. Not as exciting as the shark I saw on my solo snorkelling trip at Redang, but still pretty cool. Wasn't too fun though, when I had to climb over a fallen tree trunk about waist high that had blocked the path, and I was so smart to jump off, land to hard on my right leg and end up sprawled on the floor wincing in pain coz' of my old knee injury. Til now my knee still hasn't gone back to normal, like it's done the previous times I reinjured it. Maybe I tore a new ligament in there somewhere so it's taking longer to heal. This is gonna be great for my old age, I'm sure.
Anyway, ever since I got back from my trip, I've been busy going out every night preparing for the skit for October 1st, which happens to be.....tomorrow! After quite a few hiccups with the skit - changes to the script, people not coming for practices, some people freaking out a bit about being on stage, spotlight only being functional the day before the skit (which was today), problems with burning a video for the skit onto a cd, no proper and smooth run through of the entire skit and other miscellaneous things, plus of course the fact that suddenly I have all these assignments to do now, and have a busted knee again - after all that, the big day is tomorrow.... and I'm pretty excited about it. Actually I'm not really surprised at all these problems.... I think a lot of people are going to experience something really great from God tomorrow and that dastardly devil is just doing whatever he can to attack me and mess things up since I'm heavily involved in the skit (I'm 3-in-1.... script writer, co-director and actor! :P). I've seen it happen quite a lot with people working to do something big like this in church - they have heaps of problems close to the big event. And I do admit the devil has been doing a fine job of making me super frus, but I've never regretted doing this and I'm still super hyped and looking forward to seeing a great show tomorrow. Not that I will be actually seeing it since I am gonna be acting, but you get the idea.... :P I'm expecting a few more problems tomorrow, but I'm sure it's nothing the big guy up there can't deal with and at the end of it, I'm sure the show will be great. One thing I'm glad about it that my parents haven't been giving me a hard time about going out every night this week, like they normally would. They haven't even asked why I'm always going out, which is highly unusual, and big sigh of relief for me!
Anyway, I got some work to be doing and some sleep to be getting, so gotta go!

1 comment:

xiong said...

Arr.. must comment you on your good script, directing, and role you played. Something really different from most skits I saw.

It really spoke to me. Hopefully it spoke to the others too. All the best in finishing your work!

GANBATE!!