Saturday, September 17, 2005

Not the dog too....

I don't know what the heck has been going with my mum, but she's just been getting more and more exasperating to deal with. It's bad enough that she thinks remarks my family makes that are perfectly innocent are attacks against her. It's worst that she lays the guilt trip on us by saying she doesn't want to care about what we do anymore coz' everytime we disagree with her, she gets angry instead of listening to our opinions. And now, she's even got a thing against our dog because it isn't showing as much affection to her as she wants it to, and instead the dog seems to prefer being around my dad who plays with the dog more. And when I say "a thing" against the dog, I mean my mum says she just wants to ignore the dog coz' she's does all the things to care for the dog like buying its food, feeding it, bathing it, brushing its fur... and the dog prefers to be with my dad instead of her. Good grief, not too long ago, my mum was so happy with our dog, and now she wants to boycott because it hasn't been basking my mum with doggy affection for a while? And she gets mad at it when the dog growls at her whenever she wants to brush out its tangles. I mean, brushing the tangles involves quite a bit of pulling and tugging on the fur, which would hurt the dog. It's not surprising that the dog would react with slight aggression, but my mum just takes it so personally! From a dog that doesn't know anything! It just seems to me that my mum reaction to everybody who doesn't conform to what she wants is just to give them the cold shoulder. My dad isn't the husband who listens to exactly everything shes says and does everything exactly the way she wants, so she can't stand him. I'm not the ever-obedient daughter who says everything so nicely, so she accuses me of being bratty. And now even the dog is getting it from my mum. I mean, sure my dad isn't the greatest husband, and I'm certainly not the perfect daughter, but every family has the same problems. Just because people in our family don't do what we want, it doesn't mean we can just not care anymore about them and just live life our own way. I just don't understand why my mum is behaving so immaturely....and then she accuses ME of being the brat. And when I try to talk to her about the way she behaves, in the nicest way possible, she just takes it like I'm on my father's side and I think my mum is the meanest person on the planet, which is completely not what I think at all. So what can I do except just shut up whenever she gets into one of her moods, in which case she'll continue to get all these ridiculous negatives thoughts in her head about her family. And any attempt to dispell those thoughts causes her to think we're attacking her. I realy don't know what to do with her. I'm suspecting her lack of logic is just due to being in the whole post-menopausal thing. I just really hope she gets past it soon, coz' it's really not doing much good for the family's morale.

2 comments:

Dissociated Mind said...

Menopause, girl.. menopause (what you blame on when PMS isn't valid anymore). *grins*

sonia said...

I'm about to say what ppl already said. --> Menopause! <-- I heard that it's worse than PMS mood swings. =P

Hope that whole menopause thing won't affect my mood / behaviour (when i get it lar) and cause ppl around me to feel miserable which would eventually affect me even more (negatively)!