Friday, October 28, 2005

Exams almost done and working life almost starting...

Yay! I've finished the first three of my exam papers, all of which were one day after another this week, with the third one being one of the toughest subjects of my entire course - Genetics of Development. But thankfully, the lecture notes for that last subject were pretty good, and I had a very good text book to refer to along with it, so even though that subject would freak out the average biology student and no amount of common sense would spare you a failure if you didn't study for that subject (unlike some subjects where you can pretty much crap through it and pass), I think I did a lot better for that subject than my first two! Pretty much coz' I studied everything really thoroughly and had understood all the important details so much that I looked at almost every question on the paper and thought to myself "Ha! I know this one! Piece of cake!". I think I had more trouble doing my Tropical Terrestrial Biology paper and Introduction to Biotechnology paper, coz' I definitely did more crapping on those two papers than my Genetics exam. It's the one paper I know I can't get away with crapping, so I studied it to the max. Hehe! I might even get a high distinction for it, which would no doubt lead to most of my classmates for this subject wanting to strangle me and hang me out to dry. But I won't get my hopes too high up. :D So now I only have one more paper left next Friday, which I'm not too worried about coz' I pretty much know most of it already. After that one more paper, I am officially done with university life! Woo hoo! No more sitting at the computer all day doing assignments and lab reports all day! No more studying my brains out for exams and then forgetting everything I learned the following semester! No more having to do work in the crappy laboratories at Monash Malaysia, where I have to search all over the place to find one little glass pipette, and deal with lab workers who don't give a damn!No more no more no more!!!! Wooooo hoooo!!!!

NOW I have to start worrying about finding a job.

Whoa oh.

Ah yes, the wonderful world of working for your keep. I'm looking forward to it (especially after 16 years of schooling and uni!) but at the same time quite apprehensive about it. People always say the working world is a lot more tougher than studying. People can be more unscrupulous and backstabbing, and all that nasty stuff. And even though my first interest will always be doing environmental work, my parents will no doubt be wanting me to get a job where I can earn some REAl money....and well, environmental work usually doesn't rake in the cash. And even though I don't like it, I am thinking that maybe doing something a bit more financially rewarding might do me more good, at least for the first few years. Then maybe later on when I'm more well off, I can move on to do what I really love. Plus that time I'll be more independant and can sort of make my own decisions without the folks breathing down my neck....as much. Would be good if I could start some small business off side, selling some stuff that would earn me a bit extra money. I got a friend who make earrings and sells them, and it looks kinda fun to do, so I might try doing something like that. Which means I gotta get my inherited Chinese enterprising genes into gear....:P
Well, things will be getting interesting from now on, me thinks. :D

No comments: