Friday, March 11, 2005

Busy busy busy!!!

Just as I had suspected, as soon as I get back to uni, I start neglecting my poor little bloggy woggy. It's Friday on the second week of uni, and I've kind of gotten into the studying gear. I actually studied some of my lectures notes already, which is highly unusual considering I allow myself to be blur throughout the entire semester until 2 weeks before the exam when I start cramming an overload of info into my brains. I guess I finally realised that that's not too good for my precious grey matter....especially when I'm doing a nutty subject called Genomics and Molecular Genetics and the way my lecturer explains things, he might as well be a Martian coz' I don't understand a thing he's saying....Thank God my other subjects are relatively easy peasy and I could study them with one eye closed (though that probably won't be too good for my eyes eitherrrrr....). But even so, I know from 3 years of experience in Monash that once my semester starts, my free time ends and soon I'll be swamped with assignments and lab reports and essays and other whatnots the lecturers will throw at us to do. And if that's not enough, I have cell group every fortnight on Fridays, Taekwondo classes all morning on Saturdays, visit an abused women' childrens' centre every fortnight on Saturday afternoons (I never mentioned that new endeavour of mine, but will mention more of it soon, I hope), church every Sunday morning and Taekwondo training every Sunday afternoon...plus watching American Idol three times a week on Astro and cheering on Anwar tol become the new idol. :D And recently I've joined part of the cast of CBC's Easter play. Yesh, Carol is a very, very busy girl....and though I know it's gonna be super stress after a while, I kinda wish I had more time so I could join even more stuff like my uni's environmental club to go on nature trips and all, or learn some other new martial arts, or just use the time to practice my guitar, or my tricks, or blog, or go to the gym, or whatever. My brother even has this cool music recording program thing on his laptop on which we can record our songs into mp3! I can't wait to start recording some of my own stuff on it...when I can get my bro away from his laptop that is. Not that I would have enough songs to make a whole album or anything. Might do covers of other people's songs. :D Was thinking of Don Henley's Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough and Avril Lavigne's Tomorrow, both very very da nice songs.
Don't know why I'm keeping myself so busy back here when I was so 'lepak' in Australia. Must be the whole work culture thing. Asians just don't know how to take a break...all we wanna do is work, work, work. And if we're smart, we actually earn a lot of money when we're working. Maybe I'm not all that smart, coz' I don't earn anything...except for my taekwondo classes where I earn RM200 a month for teaching 3 hours a week...which is a heckuva lot better pay than any other part-time job I can think of in this country. Plus my instructor plans to let me take over the school I'm teaching now and handle EVRYTHING there. Which means mroe work...but also means more money. Maybe more than RM500 a month. Yowza. I'm so glad I stuck in Taekwondo. :)))
Anyway, I'll shall ramble on about nothing and everything some other time coz' I have a lab in my Genomics and Molecular bla class now. Ciow!

No comments: