Monday, February 28, 2005

It's the first day of uni today for me. Back to getting stuck in traffic jams in the morning and evening and sleeping through the lectures. My timetable is really messed up too, coz' every day I'd have like one class in the a morning, a few hours break, another class, another few hours break and another class. The worst is Thursday... I have a 7 hour 'break' in between classes! Yeah, I know it's messed up coz' I'm doing both 2nd and 3rd year subjects and they arranged the subjects according to what's most convenient for students of each year...but I can't believe my luck is just THAT sucky....*sigh* Plus I have 3 labs on friday. 3! And one clashes with another, so I have to figure out with my lecturers how to do my labs when two are going on at the same time. *sigh*. Oh well, c'est la vie, especially at Monash....
Anywayz, in the latest series of Carol analyzing Carol, another problem with myself that I've had for the longest time is a lack of passion and focus in any of my interests or hobbies. Like I will learn something with zeal for a while, but after some time, I'll get so caught up doing other things, I won't bother to improve myself in that area anymore. Case in point, my recent interest in magic tricks. I still have that interest in it, but getting myself to put the much needed practice into it isn't very enticing when I'd much rather be...I dunno...wasting time on the computer. Like right now. :D Same goes for my guitar...I can get better, but can't be bothered to practice. Right now, the thing that has my interest is Bolt.com, which is one of those community websites where you write your opinions on boards, post photos, make tagbooks (things where u write questions and people answer them), join clubs, play games, and do so much more stuff, you don't know where to begin. Actually, I joined Bolt, like 5 years ago when it was still in it's infant stage....but after a while, I stopped checking back on it, and only recently I became active in it again. That's the kind of thing I do all the time...I start something, and then quickly lose interest and move on to something else... I mean, it's good to try new things and not stick to the same ol' same ol' all the time...but when it comes to improving my skills in something, it doesn't help. I end up having no passion for anything I do...just moving on from one thing to another. And the thing that really worries me is whether or not I'd do the same thing once I get into a serious relationship. How long will it take before I lose interest in my guy and 'move on' to someone more interesting who happens to come along? That wouldn't be too good. But then again, relationships are another story...
Ah well.... that's all for today's session of analyzing Carol.

No comments: