Thursday, January 20, 2005

Of fried modems and ball-less people

It's been a while since I last posted coz' for some reason my computer decided to act up and refused to connect to the net. And as is the usual case whenever something is wrong with the computer, the first thing my dad asked me was "What did you do the computer?" As if I actually did something on purpose to make the computer turn against me. Yeah. Right. Anyway, after that intelligent course of action on my dad's part, he continued to try fixing the problem for a few days, calling up every computer geek in town to fix it. Initially, we could connect to the net, but only after many eons of redials and patience, and having to type in a password every time to log in. Finally a telekom guy came over, fiddled around with my computer for two minutes, and then declared that the modem was not working and needed to be replaced. Another computer geek who came over yesterday told us that the modem as well as the router were both fried during a lightning storm. So now we are advised to disconnect the model and router to prevent similar inconveniences from occuring. A bit of advise for everyone else with external modems and routers living in a lightning prone country!
Anyway, in other not-so-good news, my big brother Bernard just came back home from the USA two days ago. Well, that's not the bad news, of course. The bad news was that as soon as we got back from the airport, he realised that he was missing his most important bag, and even though we went back to KLIA two times, lodged a police report, looked at the airport surveillance cameras and talked to anybody with possible information, we couldn't find it. And I figure it's as good as gone, coz' the bag contained some pretty valuable stuff, especially my bro' s company laptop containing all his hard work over many months and some secret company info. He was completely devastated, which made me and my parents devastated. We're still not sure how it got lost, but we figure it's likely that someone either picked up the bag from the trolley while we were all distracted with each other, or that we had unloaded the luggage and didn't notice the one bag still left on the trolley before driving off...free for the picking. Whatever happened, if an honest person had picked it up, they would've sent it to the lost and found or to the police...but it hasn't been there, so it's quite definite some bad hat got his grubby little paws on it. Of course, my family was really stupid for being negligent over the luggage in KLIA, which is notorious for missing laptops and such valuables.....but it really gets my goat how people can be so dishonest. If we lost it and someone picked it up and decided to keep it instead of trying to return it to us, that's already disgusting enough. But for anyone who actually set up to take my bro's bag when we weren't noticing....that jerkoff isn't just disgusting. He's a heartless monster with no balls. No, I shouldn't call him a monster...that's an insult to the monsters. I mean, sure, stealing stuff isn't half as bad as murdering someone. Murderers are in a whole different class, known as sickos. But thieves aren't maniacs that can't think straight...these people actually plan out how to steal stuff and have plans and stragedies to remain inconspicuous. They're smart...but they use their God-given intelligence to make other people miserable so they can get rich quick. They abuse their intelligence to make off with honest people's hard-earned money or valuables, which they spend so long working to get, and these jerks take away in just such a short time. They're willing to take the easy way out for their own luxury by taking advantage of the people who actually work honestly for what they get. These guys are not manly men, and that's why they have no balls. If they knew how distressed my bro was that day, if they know how upset they make all their victims, how can these jerkoffs live with themselves? Have they no conscience? Then well, their not human beings, which means they're even more ball-less. I'm so pissed at what they did to my bro, if I ever found out who did it and I caught the guy, I hope for the guy's sake, and for his face, that my Christian principles don't fly out the window. Ugh

No comments: