Saturday, January 08, 2005

ICQ guys

Ugh, I don't know what's the deal with guys on ICQ. As soon as I put up all my real details on my info page, including any indication that I am young adult female, all these guys I've never met before start flooding me with messages. And funnily enough, most of them are Malaysian guys who are just around my age or slightly older. Me senses a pattern.... Which is fine and all, I don't mind meeting new people...especially guys who might be potential 'extra good friends'.... :Þ. But I really would like meeting people who have something interesting to talk about. And usually these people have the most absolutely boring things to talk about.
"Hello, a/s/l pls!"
"What you doing now?"
"Working or studying?"
"Where you from?"
Yaddayaddayadda, blablabla, boriiiiiing.... Especially when I have all that useless info on my ICQ info page and they can check it out in two seconds. Why ask me all that nonsense again? It's especially annoying when I go through all the motions of explaining my life story only to have them stop replying my messages, probably because they lost interest in me. Hello, people, I don't mean to be rude but I have better things to do with my time! At least say something that'll make me a bit more interested than the gazillion other guys who ask me the same ol' stuff. Some good debate on the politics involved with sending aid to the tsunami victims. Or maybe some debate on religion. Or just some insight on what ticks in their brains. Unless of course, nothing else ticks in their brain except for the usual you-know-what, which I won't mention here just to be politically correct.
Haaaiiii..... As I'm typing this, I've had at LEAST 5 Malaysian guys I've never met, all aged between 21 and 23 introducing themselves and wanting to chat. And it's 4am. Don't these guys sleep? Haha, I could ask myself the same Q. So I shall head to bed now and send these hopefuls a packing.

No comments: