Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy belated b'day to my mummy!

Well, like that Anastacia song goes, I'm sick and tired of always being sick and tired, so I'm trying to change my tune of constant whining to one that's a bit more cheery.... for as long as I can last anyway! I know I've been doing quite a bit of crapping about my parents lately, but for the sake of being fair and also because my mum's birthday was yesterday on new year's day, I'm going to pay tribute to my dear ol' mum.
My mum, like all mums, has had her fair share of driving her kids up the wall with constant nagging and a slightly overdomineering "I'm-your-mum-so-you-do-what-I-tell-you-and-you-don't-talk-back" kinda attitude. But even so, I know that she does it all because she just wants what's best for us (even though what she considers best for me and my bros isn't what we consider to be best for us. Heh). My mum has a fierce "don't-mess-with-me" kinda attitude that keeps me and my siblings as timid as mice around her for fear of getting a shelling. But that attitude also made sure anybody else who messed around with us kids never did it again after dealing with her. My mum is so proud that she would never admit to most people that she's wrong in anything even if you tortured her. But when she knows she has hurt me, she had the heart to forget her pride, say she's sorry and say she loves me to bits. My mum didn't get everything right in trying to raise us kids, but I know she blady well tried her best. And yeah, I know I'm far from being the prefect model daughter myself and I've driven her up the wall plenty of times too. But she's still puts up with my crap. So for all reasons and so much more, I love my mum! (Yes, you can go "Awwwww...." now!)





That's my mum's birthday cake, which was given to her by my big bro Andrew and his wife Marcia. If you didn't notice the first time, something is a bit odd about the cake. :Þ

No comments: