Friday, September 07, 2012

The reason

Yesterday I chatted with him after a week of silence between us. I had thought that he had decided he didn't want to talk to me anymore, which was really annoying to me because I told him specifically not to shut down. Apparently he thought I had changed my mind about wanting to still be friends too. A big lesson for me was to never jump to conclusions (something I usually try to do, but in this case, I failed miserably), coz' confronting him led him to tell me the real reason why he's been keeping quiet. Which is also the real reason why he's not ready for a relationship, and why he can't say when he will be, if ever.

It's something personal enough that I can't say what it is, but it's big enough that most of what he said and did now makes total sense (some parts still don't make sense somewhat, but it's minor enough to ignore). I wished he had just told out front and saved me a heckuva lot of confusion/ turmoil/ annoyance/ all of the above. But now that I do know, the only thing I can do is, well, be a friend.

No comments: