Monday, May 05, 2008

Standing on the rooftops



I mentioned this song a few posts ago when I was gushing about Lost Prophets and my fav song from them, 'A Town Called Hypocrisy'. I like 'Rooftops' too, but for quite a different reason. Other than fact that it's one of those songs where I like to hide in my room, crank up the volume and pretend to be a rock star on air guitar, everytime I listen to it, two lines in the song always get me...


"Will we make our mark this time? Will we always say we tried?"


Lost Prophets is not a Christian band. This is not a Christian song. But every time I listen to this song and hear those lyrics, it does make me wonder... am I making a mark to the people around me? Am I always going to say I tried to be better Christian, but couldn't?

As I start a new job and look back on how I was in my old company, I think I didn't make much of a mark at all. I bitched about the annoying colleague like everyone. I didn't make much of an effort to get know the people around me. I went into and left the company as skillfully and silently as a ninja, and was only close to a couple of people, though now that I've left I know I probably won't really keep in touch with them. Yeeargh.

I hope and pray that I don't go ninja in my new company.

2 comments:

cell said...

all the best in ur new job ! hope you'll enjoy yourself and learn and be a good mini-Christ. btw, since u're some tree hugger environmentalist now why dont u educate everyone how to save the environment..u konw like dont use plastic bags or recycle or smtg....

Carol said...

Hmm... thanks for the support, but environmental management isn't the same as being an environmentalist. If I were an environmentalist,I'd be protesting Sime Darby's cutting down rainforests to make more plantations, or demanding they shut down their black smoke-spewing palm oil mills. I don't think my company would appreciate me doing stuff like that. :P Also I won't go around teaching people how to save the environment for the same reason you wouldn't go around teaching everyone how to play the piano. Would probably be quite annoying to some people after a while. ^_^