Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hunky dory again

For those who read my last post (which is now gone) and gone the idea that things have not been well with me and my bf, well, we managed to patch things up again. Yes, I know, it's such a headache going through rough patches with him, but somehow or another we manage to make up with each other. I also don't understand it. Relationships can be so confusing sometimes. Oh well, things are ok again, which is good. Of course, we would probably need to discuss things more and really settle things so no funny issues crop up again in the future... but having discussions is something I'm really not too good at doing coz' I get all superbly emotional and dunno how to say what I mean most of the time. Bleh. But anyway, that's for him and me to deal with... somehow. Hopefully God will help us figure out how...

Anyway, it was my birthday last Thursday, and even though things were not all well then, it was still a pretty good day for me coz' my friends and colleagues had a few nice surprises for me. My church buddies invited me out for dinner that night and surprised me with a little birthday cake, which was pretty cool. Still haven't finished eating it yet. And my colleagues also pooled together their resources to help buy for me my dream gerbil home as well as a cool dragster car for them to run around in! I knew they were going to get me some gerbil stuff, coz' they even took me to the pet shop to choose whatever it was I wanted, so I just asked them for one of the cheapo wire cage that costs only RM40. But I got a really nice surprise when it turns out they got me a super nice and colourful Habitrail house, with all the funnels and other stuff for my gerbs to run around in, which I think is worth like RM100 or so. And not only that, but also the Dragster car which is RM40-something. Omigoodness! I can't believe they actually bought all that for me and the little rodents. I don't even know what I did to deserve all that coz' I'm not like superbly close to them or anything. But I know my my two seniors shared out for the just the house alone, while the others shared out for just the car, so I just have to say that my senior colleagues are da BEST! Woo hoo! Yeah, I love my new gerbil home. Just imagine, my gerbil home has evolved from this humble little box:


To this superbly pink cage:


To this superbly colourful Habitrail home!:

Here they are during their first few minutes exploring their new home (they were pretty excited):
And they learned how to get through the funnels pretty quickly too. :)
Not to mention their little loft:
Sassy likes the house too, I think...:

After getting used to their new home, the gerbs settled in for a nice nap:

And they can sleep just about anywhere... :P

Well, I'll definitely put some pics up at my dotphoto website when I have the time. I didn't take any pics of the dragster car yet coz' I left it at the office, but it's pretty fun too. Just open up the wheel, pop in a gerbil, close it back up, attach the wheel to the car, and let it run on gerbil power! It's just so cute...

Oh yeah, as if all this wasn't enough, my gerbil mummy has up and gotten herself pregnant again! So my extended gerbil family is about to become even more extended. :P Me thinks I should start separating the males and the females now...

No comments: