Monday, October 23, 2006

IT'S HOLIDAY TIME!!!! WOO HOOO!!!

My toothache was gone for the past three days. Yay! But today it's sort of starting to ache again. Boo! But I'm on leave tomorrow. Yay! But I'd have to go see a dentist tomorrow to see get my tooth fixed. Boo! But then it's two days holiday for Hari Raya. Yay! But then I still have work to do at home. Boo! But knowing what I lazy bum I am, I won't do it all til Wednesday so I'll spend Monday and Tuesday enjoying my holidays. Yay! Or boo?

Ah well, hopefully I can get all of what I need to do done within the next few days. My company is going to be having a tonne of fun science camps for kids during the school holidays and I need to read up on what I need to teach during the camps as well as come up with timetables for each day. I also need to prepare for my church's upcoming Discovery Days, which is a two day event for kids as well being held on the 24th and 25th of November. I'm in charge of the Carnival Games on the 24th. And I have to choose some songs for them to sing along to, and also song-lead them on both the days. I just had to do the Hokey Pokey dance for the primary school students of Sri Bestari last Monday, in a demonstration to promote my company's school holiday camps... and it was NOT fun doing that silly dance while a bunch of middle-aged teachers are also looking on and probably thinking I'm really mad. I don't mind doing the funky science experiments, but dancing the Hokey Pokey just to get the kids all excited.... bleeaaaahhhh.... I tell you, if anyone else I knew was there, I'm sure they would've died laughing. And I would've died from embarassment. Oh well, such is the nature of my job as a Mad Scientist. And at least the kids there has fun (except the older primary 5 and 6, who were also too embarassed to even join in with the younger kiddies. I can't blame them!). So I hope I can find some less embarassing songs to song-lead for the kids at Discovery Days.... I don't mind doing hand actions.... but not anything that involves me sticking my butt in, sticking my butt out, sticking my butt in and shaking it all about. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, I'm glad I can finally get a good rest after quite a few weeks running around like a rabid chicken at work, preparing for our camps as well as teaching our normal classes. I still enjoy the challenge, but it does get tiring. Like last week, I had to go to so many different places with one of my colleagues to send camp registration forms and posters and bunting stands. One of the places is Sunway Lagoon, where we'll be having holiday camps on the 20th and 21st of November as well as the 7th and 8th of December. I'll be teaching the first camp there on the 20th... and the best part is that the press will be there for the event, to promote Sunway Lagoon, and of course, promote Mad Science at the same time. So don't be surprised to see Mad Scientist Carol's picture in the news sometime end of next month. Thank God I'm experience in performances, so I don't think I'll go blank in front of the press people. And if I do, I'll probably somehow or another think of something seemingly intelligent to say when in actual fact I won't have any idea what I'm talking about. :P I just really hope that the experiments and activities all go well, or else the publicity might not be such a good thing after all.

Anyway, my colleague and I had to go there on Tuesday, and he's the one who was always corresponding with the people there while I didn't know anyone he had talked to so it was my first time meeting them. We first met this guy named Gary, who's a really big-sized fella. Of course, my colleague and him said hi to each another, then when my colleague introduced me and Gary shook my hand, he looked at me for a while like he was totally smittened with me or something. AND he shook my hand so tightly, I thought it was going to fall off. Of course, I just grinned at him and said nothing. It was so obvious, even my colleague noticed the way that guy reacted towards me, and said it was as if he was zapped by something when he saw me! I dunno whether to be creeped out or flattered. I'm think I was both at the same time! And then, my colleague and I had to go back the next day again, and in the office I saw that guy again, but he was far off so, I turned away just before I think he waved at me. Dunno coz' I saw it out of the corner of my eye. But I didn't wave back and just continued doing what I was doing. Heh, I'm so mean! Oh well, it IS nice to get a little extra attention every now and then. LOL!

Anyway, me thinks I shall go enjoy my holidays my playing computer games all night until I'm bleary eyed and wake up at noon or later tomorrow. Good night!

1 comment:

Dissociated Mind said...

Maybe you reminded him of someone he used to like. ;) Or maybe cupid's arrow struck him blind dead. Glad it brought you a smile. :)