Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A cool opportunity!

I got today what is probably the most exciting leaflet ever handed out to me by some kid standing around the cafeteria of the Monash-Sunway cafeteria. It was a leaflet promoting a work and travel program to the U.S. by an organization called CIEE in partnership with a Singaporean travel company. It's a program for full-time students only to go to the United States during the summer holidays (or winter holidays, in the U.S.!) from November to latest April, and travel around while doing some work in order to earn money to pay for the travel expenses, as well as to gain a cultural experience, make new friends, and all that other good stuff. Best thing is that we can list down what jobs we prefer, and CIEE will ask around for suitable placements while we're there. Asides from the usual boring jobs like waitering, clerk jobs, resort and hotel work and so on, there're also chances to work at theme parks (a certain Disneyworld pops to mind!) and national parks, which is what I'm really interested in. Would be good experience if I wanna get a job later on doing environmental stuff! :) And of course the best part is the travelling around and seeing the sites of the States and meeting people from around the world. I definitely definitely DEFINITELY wanna sign up for this and hope I can get into the program. I don't know if I'm eligible though coz' this is my last semester, and after this I might considered graduated and hence, not eligible since it's only for students. But I hope since I still AM a student, I'll be accepted. I SO want this! I told a bunch of my uni buddies about it too, and they're all just as pumped up about it as I am, so we could all end up flying off together to the States in a few months time if all goes well. For now, the organization is holding a seminar about this program this weekend, so I'm definitely going for that and see more of what it's all about. Yaaarrggh!!! I hope I get it I hope I get I hope I get it!!!!!

No comments: