Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Redang photos!!!

Yay! The pictures came out ok on my last post. Not all is lost! I've figured out that the reason why my blog looks funy on my computer isn't coz' of my blog, but coz' of my computer. Now I need to figure out how to fix my computer so it doesn't happen anymore. Doggonit. Anyway, since I'm in the picture posting mood, here's ze Redang Island pics I promised to post like a millennia ago. :)

Just an introduction to the weird and wonderful folks who mosied along on this field trip to Redang. All my fellas classmates, of course, with the exception of the old guy in the green cap, who's my lecturer's hubby (whose name I fergot). Clockwise from ze right is Wan Feng, Kim Tim, Jay, Kian Yong, some hot chick, Pratiwi, Aileen and Wei Wan. And the two girls stuck at the back are Dareen (left) and Malini. My lecturer, Dr. Cathy, is the lady at the top right corner looking at the camera but not technically part of the pic. And the one taking this photo, so can't be seen in it, is the lovely Miss Flora Chan, whom can be seen in the following pic in the pink sarong.

All us ladies hanging out at the beach.


And the guys (yes, only three of them) checking out the sights.


And just to prove that we actually were at Redang and not PD (though u could probably tell, from the lack of polluted water...)


A little island off the big island. The waters there are a nice place for snorkelling coz' there're lots of corals and fishes and even baby sharks around. Too bad so many people go there everyday, all the corals are pretty smashed up. So sad... :(


Help, I'm stuck to the tree!


Nope, that's not me, but Dareen at the door of our little chalet. There's a story to how we got this chalet....See, when we first came, four of us girls, including me, were put into a room with only three beds, while the three guys were put into THIS chalet which had two large beds that could fit four people. So we had to NICELY ask them to vacate the premises so there would be enough space for us. Which the guys didn't really wanna do, since they were enjoying the room so much...

As you can see, the chalet was nice for practising their modelling. So we ladies had to use a little grrl power and kick them out of the room. And of course, a little celebration was in order.

Serves them right for messing with da girls! :P


After that exciting episode, I just had to take a break...


And check out the view....


Ok, ok, a little something nicer to look at...


Lotsa boats ahoy


Goaaaaaaaal!!!!


Meeting the local fauna, including the friendly neighbourhood squirrel...


A hermit crab....


And remnants of its relatives!


Oh, and let's not forget the sleepy cat at the mamak where we ate dinner one night. :P


Always wanted to have my own Hollywood star!

And finally, the best pics are right here, taken in the wee hours of the morning when me and some friends dragged ourselves out of bed to watch the sunrise. I shall shut up for the moment so thou shall savour the view...


















And to top it all off, our yummy BBQ dinner on the last night of our stay there! Bon appetit! Posted by Hello

No comments: