Monday, May 16, 2005

Another kind of shark...

I just found out like ten minutes ago that one of my male cousins has been getting himself in trouble lending money from loan sharks. Now he's on the run, none of us in the family can contact him, and the loan sharks have been going after his sister and his mum, who's my dad's sister-in-law. Apparently he's even afraid for his life, and the loan sharks have been threatening his sister's business and dunno what else. She's already had to pay like 22,000 bucks or something, but knowing how crazy loan sharks can be, she'll never hear the end of it. She's married with a young son too. Geez, it's enough that he put himself in danger, he has to put his family and nephew in danger too? Man, I heard he had a bad gambling habit before but I didn't think it could get this bad. And to think this is the same guy I'd use to sit around with every Chinese New Year or Christmas during family reunions and chit chat with. Now I don't know when I'll see him again, or if I will see him again. Man, scary shit. It's that kinda thing you never think could happen to you, or it just happens in the movies. Now my family's sitting around and talking about it and saying we can't do anything to help him coz' once we start trying to help out, the loan sharks will start coming after us for money, and we'd never heard the end of it! So the best thing for us is to completely dissociate ourselves from him, which is what his own mother and sister are planning to do as well. It sounds brutal for family to do that, and I don't much like it, but they have a point. My cousin was a grown man who knew what he was doing, and if got himself into trouble, the rest of the family can't be dragged in and suffer the consequences of his stupidity. And I definitely can't do anything about it, except pray for the best. Hope you all can pray for him too.

No comments: