Thursday, April 07, 2005

Cockroach for dinner...Yum!

A couple of days ago I was on the ground floor of my apartment when I saw this little cat chasing a cockroach around. I'd seen that cat just the days before...it was a scrawning looking grey-coloured thing that was pretty small sized but didn't have the cute little kitten look so I think it must've been older. It had these really mean looking "don't-mess-with-me" kinda eyes, but even so I still played with the little bugger the first time I saw it. But the second time I saw it, chasing around that cockroach, I just stood by for at least 5 minutes, watching the spectacle. The cockroach was obviously already a bit weak from fighting with the cat, so it didn't fly away. Every time it tried to crawl away, the cat wuld pounce on it, pick it up in its teeth, swing it around and paw at the little critter. Each time, the cockroach would prick the cat's mouth or something, making it drop the cockroach like a hot potato. But the cat persevered and kept picking it up and doing the same thing. The whole time I was just standing a few steps away, watching with my eyes wide open and my face kinda screwed up in a grossed out manner. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually felt sorry for the cockroach!
Eventually, the cockroach finally died, and for the grand finale, the cat ripped its body off its head and exoskeleton, and proceeded to enjoy its hard earned dinner.
Animal Planet doesn't get any better than this....

2 comments:

Dissociated Mind said...

ahhaha.. U're so right! But still.... Die, Cockroach, DIE!!

Animal planet should get a hold of that... because as far as I know, the cockroach is one of those few critters in the world that has no predator!

sonia said...

Got! Predators = Lizards! Those lizards bout the same size as cockroaches eat them!

I saw it at KL. I was quite... shocked, at first. A tough life in KL i suppose, too many competitions (fighting for food). =P

Btw, I (*(&#@ those guys u mentioned at ur next post. Always stay away from such ppl. Scary man, I tell u. And irritating. =P