Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Free stuff from Hitz and Fly!

I have been quite lucky with the local English radio stations these part couple of weeks, meaning that I managed to meet the Fly FM troopers as well as the Hitz.fm cruisers, and I also got a goody bag from an American Idol contest on Hitz.fm. The Fly FM troopers, I managed to catch at Segi college near my place, coz' I just happened to be going home from Giant when I heard the announcement over the radio that they would be there in a while, so I scooted back again towards Segi college and waited for them to come... which took about 20 minutes, so I had a nice personal tour of Segi college while I waited. When they arrived, I was one of the first people to get right up there with them, so I got all the edible freebies, which included two cans of new Sting energy drinks (it really stings your tongue!), Chipsmore butterscotch cookies (which tastes pretty good), andBoh ice tea (dunno where I put it now), as well as a Fly FM car sticker. And for answering a question correctly, I managed to win myself a free cd! Woohoo! Too bad it's from Kaiser Chiefs, the band who sang that song "Ruby", which I don't really like, so I'm contemplating whether I should keep the cd or sell it on Lelong or something. I still haven't unwrapped the cd coz' I'm still thinking. :P

As for the American Idol contest on Hitz.fm, well, for those who don't watch AI, what they do is that they show a password during the commercials of each AI show, and you're supposed to call up Hitz.fm the next day and say the password before you can participate in the contest. Then you have to sing any song, but it must be modified to have the words "American Idol" in it. The best out of three contestants will be one of the 12 finalists who will battle it out to win the chance to go to LA for the American Idol finale. So I tried out a couple of weeks ago and managed to get through to the station surprisingly easily. I didn't even have to say the password coz' JJ (or Rudy, whoever it is I can't remember) just said "I know you have the password, so what song you gonna sing?". Which was lucky coz' I didn't actually remember the password, but I thought it was something like "American Idol Season 6", so I thought I'd just call and try my luck anyway. So I was pretty lucky! And I sang the classic sappy 80's song, 'Superwoman', with the words ' American Idol' in it, and made it really silly-like. I thought it was pretty good, but unfortunately, another girl who called did an even better song (even I thought it was better than mine), so I didn't win.... but I did get a free goody bag, which incuded a set of American Idol earphones (in a cool white colour) and a Star World umbrella. Yippee.

And then last week, I had a just finished teaching a class with one of my colleagues at Mont Kiara, when on the way back, we saw the Hitz cruisers at the roadside. So I parked my car and we quickly zipped across to the other side of the road to see if we could win any freebies. Unfortunately we were too late to get all the free food, but we were just in time for a contest to win some movie tickets for the preview of Spiderman 3. So of course, the two of us jumped right in it. What happened was that everyone participating had to play a game where one of the cruiser guys would yell out the name of a superhero, and we had to do the action for that superhero without making any mistakes. Of course, he showed us what action to do for each superhero, which were Superman, Batman, Spiderman and (I dunno where he got this from) Moo the Cow. And the action for the latter were squatting down and putting our fingers next to our heads to make long ears. And we had to say "Moo!". And to make things tougher, all of us had to look at this other cruiser guy who would try to confuse us by doing an action different from whatever superhero the other guy yelled out. So the game started, and I just did my best to focus on what superhero the guy called out, and totally ignored the other guy's actions even though I was looking at him. In the end, everyone else got kicked out except for me and my colleague, and we both won 2 free passes each to catch Spiderman 3! Woo hoo! I was pretty happy about that! And I actually just watched the movie last night.... and don't worry, I won't reveal any spoilers. But sad to say, I am a tad bit dissapointed with the show, and thought the first two Spidey movies were much better. Some parts of the show didn't make much sense, and in the end, everything just fell into place too neatly so that we could have the token happy ending. The action at the first part of the show was really good, when he was fighting the Green Goblin... but after that I felt it got kind of draggy. And the end fight scene was not particularly exciting. Not befitting of what may be the last installment of the Spidey movies. But there was one part when Peter Parker was dancing on the street, which I found quite amusing. But of course, I can't say any more coz' that would juts spoil it for everyone. All in all, it was just an OK movie.

But anyway, with all the goodies I got, maybe I could do some free promoting and say Hitz.fm and Fly FM rocks! Woohoo! But I still really wanna go to LA for the American Idol finale..... *sigh*....

1 comment:

cell said...

hey carol. just thought i'd say hi! tis is the first time im visiting ur blog. cute drawings