Saturday, February 17, 2007

Little bundles of joy for CNY!

The day has arrived... the day of a new beginning... the day that Carol is no longer just 'Carol jie jie'... for now she is to be called..... AUNTY!!!! AAIIIIEEE!!!

Ok, ok, so it's gonna take my baby niece at least 2 or 3 more years before she can talk and start calling me Aunty Carol. But she's finally here... my eldest bro's wife gave birth on the 13th of February, 3 days ago, to a beauoooootiful baby girl named Elizabeth Ann Ng. My sis-in-law was in Sunway Medical Centre on Tuesday morning and they had the surgery around 11am-ish. I had a class to teach that day, so I couldn't get to the hospital til around 6pm. Which was good anyway, coz' visiting hours are from 6 to 8pm, so I couldn't have seen her earlier anyway.

Well, enough of blabbering. Here's some pics of the young un!





That's my mum cooing over her first grandchild. The baby doesn't seem so interested though. :P


That's my eldest bro, who kinda has that "Whoa, I can't believe this is my kid!" look on his face!


That's big bro with his wife a.k.a. new mummy of cute little baby!


My folks and I with the young un....


Aunty Carol with baby Elizabeth.... (ack, I feel so old...)


And that's everyone plus my sis-in-law's family.


Of course, Elizabeth isn't the only new addition to my family. As I said in my last post, I suspected that my gerbils were pregnant... and the day after I made that post (which was Monday, the day just before Elizabeth was born) my gerbil mummy gave birth to five pups of her own! Yay!

Sadly, the next day, I came home to find that one of the pups had died. :( I had taken a pic of them on the first day, and noticed that the one that died was unusually black inside it's body. So I guess something was already wrong with it, and couldn't survive. But the other four pups are doing fine now. They all look like tiny blind furless rubbery things...hardly bigger than the width of my one finger. And all they could do the first couple of days was roll around in the bedding and squeak a lot. Now, after four days, some of them can crawl around a little. One of them is smaller than the others, so I'm wondering if it's getting enough milk. Hopefully it does well.

Well, here's some pics of the little buggers too!





And just in case you were wondering what the adult gerbils looked like, well, they're pretty much glorified rats. :P Here's a pic of Girl Girl, the big mummy!

This black fella is Coffee, who is Girl Girl son and also the new daddy. *Ahem* Naughty fella!
And the third wheel is Honey, who is Girl Girl's daughter, and also Coffee's sister.

And this is them having a threesome. LOL. I'm just so sick.


They're all so close, even Honey helps to take care of the new babies. It's quite sweet to watch. Coffee and Honey will help to keep the kids warm and lick them clean when mummy gerbil is taking a break.

Well, hopefully all my gerbil babies and my niece grow up strong and healthy and happy. What a way to start my Chinese New Year!

No comments: