Thursday, August 03, 2006

Busy as a bee...bzzz...bzz...

Work is getting really busy these days. I think it's doing something to my brain cells too coz' every time I come home and I think that I wanna do other stuff or blog, my brain goes into shut down and I don't get round to doing whatever it is I wanna do. Could be due to the lack of sleep coz' I have yet to kick my habit of sleeping later than I should. Among some of the many tasks I have been assigned to deal with at work are:

1) Prepare for classes...now I'm gonna be in charge of two classes instead of just one coz' one of the other instructors is giving his class to me. And it's a class full of super hyper kids, some of which not only don't sit down or pay attention, but also make a heckuva lot of noise. Way worse than my first class. I'm so glad I only have to deal with them for only one hour a week, or else I would just go deaf in the class.

2) Do birthday party shows whenever they come around

3) Writing out minutes for meetings (which can be quite long considering my boss blabbers a LOT)

4) Call up parents and school teachers to inform them of anything that they need to be informed of

5) Check through our class kits to see if any items are missing. Coz' each class has a kit of stuff to be used during the class to do demos or experiments or whatever. And some of the kits aren't complete coz' the company decided not to buy them from Canada since they were charging an exorbitant price. So now we have to fill the kits ourselve with whatever we deem suitable, and quite a number of the kits are so not complete. My job to find out what's missing. Bleh.

6) Call up people in charge at the National Science Centre to try and book dates for upcoming Mad Science camps

7) Call up people in charge at some schools to try and negotiate for us to have classes at those schools (so we get more business, and hence, more money). Anyone who helps get us a lot of schools have higher chance of getting promoted, according to the boss. So I hope my feminine charms can help me nail quite a few schools. Hehe!

8) Other miscellaneous nonsense like posting letters, and other stuff I can't think of at the moment coz' my brain is in non-functioning mode again


Me thinks I'd better get to sleep. Hopefully next time I'll think of something else to blog about other than work. :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Nice camera.

How do you actually put up so many photos on your blog? Do you have to do html, or is there an option I've missed? I'm new to the whole thing, obviously. Would appreciate tips.

Regards

the LawMan.

Carol said...

Hi Lawman. I use Hello Bloggerbot to put up pics on my blog. It's a program u can download from www.hello.com. There's a space for you to type comments for pics u post. If you want to put up multiple pics in one post, you need to put two vertical lines (||) after your picture's comment, and it will be queued for posting with the next pic u wanna add. Try the program and you'll figure out what I mean.
If you don't wanna use Hello, you can upload your pics to any file storing website and then use html to create a link to those pics. U need to know html, of course, and I'm a lazy bum who can't be bothered with that, so I avoid it as much as I can.
How did u find my blog anyway? Do you know my brother?