Monday, July 10, 2006

My 2 cents on Fly FM

Yaaargh, I have soooo much to blog about and not enough time to do it all. Oh well, I'll just have to see how much I can get in over the next few days.

I was listening to Fly FM last Wednesday on the way to work, and Fly Guy started a discussion about some fella (nicknamed the 'bad boy') who is interested in a colleague at work, but she is going out with another guy (the 'good guy') who happens to also be his colleague. So Fly Guy was asking callers to give their opinion on whether the bad boy should go for good guy's girlfriend or not. And I was surprised when everyone who called up actually encouraged the guy to go for her, saying things like "They're not married, so she's fair game". After a while I got so annoyed, I called up and said that he should just leave the girl alone, but before I could say anything else, Fly Guy jumped in and read me some results of some study that said people who tend to be 'goody goodies' all the time, usually have regrets later on in life that they did not take more risks and do some 'bad' things to get what they want. And I was just so dumbfounded. I just went on saying that the guy would be so dumb to go after a girl in his office, who happens to be dating another colleague. Whether he gets the girl or not, some people are going to get hurt, and it's not a good idea when he has to work with those same people every day! And if he were my colleague, I certainly would lose my respect for the guy for doing something like that. I should've said more, but couldn't think of what else to say then. Later on, I realised I missed out a more important point that I should've said in response to Fly Guy's little study.... is he saying it's ok for the 'bad boy' to go after the girl and hurt the 'good guy's feelings, just so he can avoid possibly regretting his inaction later on? What a crappy reason for hurting somebody! If anyone were to go after my boyfriend and tell me she was doing so coz' she didn't want to regret it later on in life, I'd whack that girl upside down. Well, I'd whack her upside down for whatever reason it is. The point is, the girl's in a relationship, so whether or not she's married, it's unethical for the guy to go after her. Besides, if he doesn't see anything wrong with chasing her before marriage, what's stopping from chasing another woman later on who IS married? Or if he managed to win over the girl, would he respect their relationship enough that he wouldn't try to go after OTHER girls too? If I were the girl, I be smart and stay far far away from someone like that if he was interested in me while I'm with someone. That kinda guy is just being selfish. Dang, I wish I had said all that. That would be a good 2 cents.

Double dang, I need to sleep now. If only I could blog in office. :P

No comments: