Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sad final X-Men movie...

*WARNING! This blog entry contains spoilers for the movie X-Men 3: The Last Stand". If you haven't watched it and you plan to watch it and don't want to know what's going to happen, then do not read this any further. I repeat, do NOT read this blog entry any further. I'm warning you. Don't say I didn't warn you. You sure you wanna read this? You really, REALLY sure??? This is your last chance! Turn your eyes away now! Read the last entry....or go to another site....go...shoo...scram! Unless of course you've already watched the movie or don't give a rat's behind what happened in it, in which case, read right on!*


I dunno about all the other X-Men fans in the world out there, but the lates installment of the X-Men movie trilogy has left me..... blinking in disbelief. I can't say I'm a super huge fan of X-Men, but it's one of those cartoons I grew up watching and enjoyed to the point where I grew fond of some of the characters. And of course, everyone who knows X-Men knows Professor X... the guy who's the leader and mentor to all the 'good' mutants. The guy who pressed on with his dream of harmony between mutants and humans. The guy whom everyone at the X Mansion looked up to and respected. The kind of character that would be sacrilegeous to kill off. And yet they did it. They killed off Professor X. And there wasn't even a body or anything. He just went kind of went "Poof" and turned into dust coz' Jean Grey/ Phoenix decided she'd had enough of him. When I saw that, I was thinking that that couldn't be 'it'. No body? Not even any blood? Huh? And throughout the rest of the movie I was hoping that somehow, someway, Phoenix would turn good and somehow or another put Prof X back together and he would be alive again.... but didn't happen. So I'm still in disbelief. I dunno why. It's not like I was such a big fan of him.... I guess when I saw that scene, I imagined something like that happening to someone close to me who was a mentor.... so I can imagine how heart-wrenching it would've been for Storm and the other X-Men. Yeah, yeah, I know it's all fictional, but it was still so like... "sakit hati", man.... Plus, the guy who plays Prof X is Patrick Steward who played Captain Picard on Star Trek last time, and that used to be one of my favourite shows too. So it was kinda like watching Prof X AND Captain Picard going "Poof". Yikes! So sad.... I'm still hoping that they come up with X-Men 4 and miraculously bring him back to life....coz' I really can't imagine X-Men without Professor X. Cyclops dies, not a problem. Jean Grey dies, still ok. But not Prof X! Not that I liked that Cyclops and Jean Grey got killed off too. Poor Cyclops. Didn't even get to see any action in this movie, coz' he went "Poof" pretty early on. And poor Jean Grey too, but her death in the end was justified seeing how she was probably going to make the whole world goo "Poof" if Wolverine hadn't killed her. But still sad lah, seeing so many main characters die off like that. And even more sad that Magneto lost his powers and became a normal old human guy playing chess in the park. And more more sad that Mystique and Rogue got a shot of that 'anti-mutant gene' serum and got turned into humans. I don't care so much about Mystique lah, but Rogue? I loved Rogue in the cartoons coz' she was all funky with the cool hairdo and raspy voice, and she could fly and was super strong. She was basically the tomboy of the X-Men, and enjoyed using her powers (except for the whole not-being-able-to-touch-people-without-killing-them-or-sucking-their-powers part). But in the movies, she was sooooo wimpy-like and hung up about her problem with touching people. She couldn't yet fly and she wasn't super strong. And before she got round to developing those powers, she goes off and gets the serum just so she can become human and get it on with Iceman. Yaaaaarrrgh! *Carol bangs head against the wall* Why did they have to do that to my favourite X-Girl? Why, oh why?? And she's not even supposed to be with Iceman anyway. She's supposed to be with Gambit... who's a complete no show in the X-Men movies. Sacrilegeous!

Oh well, I certainly can't say the movie wasn't entertaining though. It had a lotta cool action and the plot was interesting, and it definitely kept me at the edge of my seat. I'm just sad at what happened in the movie. And I'm sure there are plenty of other X-Maniacs out there who have gripes about the movies. But ah well, it's just a silly fictitious movie... :P

No comments: