Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cadbury interview and Gerald's visit :D

Well, my semester at Monash is coming to a close, and I will soon find myself a jobless bum again unless I nail those interviews I've been hoping to get. I went for my interview at Cadbury last Thursday for the Management Trainee post, and I think I pretty much got it nailed. The lady who interviewed me was named Rani, and she was pretty nice and it was more of a relaxed interview. She asked me the usual stuff like to tell me a bit about myself and my background, what my degree is all about, what extracurricular activities I was involved in and what leadership roles I took on. She asked me what I know about Cadbury and I gave her more info than she expected apparently, coz' after that she told me most of the people she interviewed didn't tell her the stuff I did. I could tell her a bit on the history of the company and the other brands they sell like Schweppes, Clorets, Trebor, Dentyne and a heap of other confectionaries whose brands I'd never even heard of before, and she seemed impressed that I did my research. Woohoo! Extra points for Carol! She also asked me what I thought they were looking for in a Management Trainee and after I was done telling her what I thought, she said I gone it 'spot-on'. And she also told me that the way I wrote my CV was already impressive enough, and she just wanted me to come in so she could meet me in person (and probably see if I match up to all the good stuff I wrote). So all in all, I think I did a pretty good job at the interview, and I'm pretty sure I'll be shortlisted for the next round of interviews, where I'd have to talk to the Human Resource Manager, and another top shot. I'll find out if I get to the next 'round' beginning of next week....so I hope I get through and I nail the next round as well. I asked Rani a bit about what the job is about and found out that they need two management trainees and whoever gets chosen (hopefully one of them, me) will be sent to different departments every 3 months or so over the year to see which department I do best in and where I should be posted. And they'll also be sent to Bangkok or Singapore for further 6 months training. And EPF contribution by the company is 15%, which is one of the highest EPF contributions by an employer. And any public holidays that fall on Saturdays (not just Sundays) are carried over to Mondays. Woo hoo! Sounds like a cool place to work. And of course, there the discounts on Cadbury stuff (*drool drool and double drool*) as well as the free hampers during celebrations like Christmas and CNY. Man, I sure hope I nail this job. If I can't get that Singapore Zoo job, this one is second on my list of dream jobs. Haha! :P I haven't gotten any reply from the Eppendorf company I applied to, and I recently saw the recruitment ad again and realised they want someone with a POST-graduate degree in molecular biology. So I suppose they won't consider me as I only have a poochie little undergrad double degree. So I gotta start applying for more jobs in case I don't get the Cadbury one and I end up with no income for the next few months.... *sigh*. My dad just went to service my Kelisa today and it turns out they had to replace the brake pads coz' they were worn out so it comes up to RM420, which I have to pay now coz I'm working. Waaaaahhhh..... Oh well, the more you get, the more you gotta give away. X_X

Well, to brighten up my weekend, my dear Gerald came to visit me on Saturday and Sunday. I think he's expecting me to gush about him in my blog... :P And so I shall! We had soooooo much fun together, skipping around everywhere and singing songs.... XD. Kidding! Nothing much lah, we just went to Summit and watched Over the Hedge (which was a pretty good movie), and the next day went to Pyramid, and just did a lot of chit chatting and walking around. Wanted to challenge him to a round of Point Blank at the arcade, but then they removed the machines. He doesn't think I can beat him at a shooting game. Cis, bedebah. :Þ Also enjoy a bit tub of Baskin Robbins with two ice cream flavours that ended up making a very gross looking colour when it melted. But it still tasted good, so bygones.... And he also went to visit my church, and he didn't much like the idea of having to wear a sticker with his name on it for everyone to see, and to be introduced to the whole church. Took a lot to convince him he didn't have to stand up in front of everyone and tell his life story. LOL. AND the best part of all, is that he actually met my parents. Such a nerve-wrecking experience, I'm sure, but he did it and everything went well. My folks actually seemed to like talking to him. And he didn't have a nervous breakdown. So it's aaaallllll gooooooood! Haha! And they surprisingly didn't have anything to say about him when he left. Which is good for me, I suppose. *Whew!* So it was a great weekend, and I applaud my dear Gerald for working up the courage to 'meet the parents'. And luckily, it didn't turn out like the movie. :Þ And now I can officially say, my man's got guts. :D Haha, ok lah, enough gushing about him. :)

No comments: