Sunday, June 24, 2007

Time to get a new alarm clock!

It was another beautiful Sunday morning today. The sun was a shining. The birds were a chirping. A perfect day to sleep in and snooze. Everything all nice and peaceful in my house, and my parents had just gotten up and were going about doing their things.... when at about 8.30am, they hear something they've heard on a few other beautiful Sunday mornings....

"OH S***!!!!!!"

And out comes yours truly from my room, running like a mad chicken being chased by a rabid dog. In less than 25 minutes, I am able to pay a visit to the loo, wash my face, throw on my clothes, have a quick drink, grab my stuff and fly out the door all the way to church.... coz' I was supposed to be there at 8.00am for worship practice!

It's not like I didn't know I had to wake up. I set my alarm for 6.45am, which would have been enough time to snooze bit, slowly drag myself out of bed, make breakfast and have a slow drive to church. But for some reason, I slept like a log and completely didn't hear my handphone alarm ringing a few times (it rings then stops for a while, and repeats for about 2 more more times before it stops ringing altogether) AND my workship leader calling me 3 times! Actually I think I did hear the 2nd time, but I was so groggy at the time that I thought it was just my phone alarm. It wasn't until the 3rd ring when I realised that someone was calling me and realised I was superbly late for church. Sigh...and it's not the first time this as happened. A few times before I also slept through my alarm ringing and woke up later than I expected. Although, on those occasions, I still had time to fly out the door and make it for the practice, albeit a little bit late. Today, I was so late I just completely missed the whole practice. So embarassing! Thank goodness my church folks are the forgiving type. :P

And I don't know why...but this problem usually happens on Sunday morning. On other days, even though I sleep late the night before and have to wake up early the next day, I still can wake up to my phone alarm. Maybe a couple of times, it happened on other days. But it seems to happen more often on Sundays. Maybe God is telling me that Sunday is the day of rest, so I should sleep more. Haha, funny one, God. :P

Anyway, me thinks I'd better get myself a new alarm clock. Maybe one of those old fashioned round table clocks that ring so loud, it can be heard from two houses away.... That oughta make sure I don't sleep through the alarm anymore! Though, I think the extra beauty sleep does do me good.... Hehe...!

No comments: