Thursday, February 16, 2006

More Singapore pics for your viewing pleasure

Ok, I still have way overdue Singapore trip pics to post up and I've finally decided to stop procrastinating and do it before I go on another holiday and have more pics to put up (I never even finished the Tioman pics, but ah well, that's old news...) Anyway, I'll start with the best pics I took at Underwater World.


Starting with possibly the cutest underwater animal there is... the dugong or sea cow. It was being fed at the time I took this pic. Damn, the guy that was doing the feeding in the tank is one lucky bugger.


This guy on the other hand, well... let's just say I hope he knows what he's doing coz' that arapaima (read: big long fish on the right) sure looks like it bite that guy's head off. Eek!


This Giant Spider Crab (named as such for obvious reasons) beared such close resemblance to each other, I almost thought it was a long-lost cousin or something. Of course, since I think macroevolution is BS, that possibility didn't linger too long in my mind. :P


Some pretty sea dragons here. The top one is a Leafy Sea Dragon and the bottom one is a Weedy Sea Dragon. Cool!


You won't believe how many kids call these guys Nemo instead of clownfish...


Me and my friend Kooi Im went to the Dolphin Lagoon too, where of course they had the token dolphin show. If you look closely, you'll see the dolphins are slightly pink in colour. Hence, they are called (surprise, surprise) Pink Dolphins! Doubly Cool!


I also had the bright idea of going to the beach on Sentosa Island (which is where Underwater World is). Turned out to be a less than a bright idea coz' the water is grossly polluted and the sand is SOOO black! Looking at the pic, is it any wonder how it got that way?...


Here's us enjoying our meals on wheels... cup noodles bought from 7-11 that we ate on the bus on Sentosa. Btw, just so you know, if there's one thing that's far from lacking in Singapore, it's 7-11's. They're practically on every street!


That night we went to watch the free Sentosa Island Magical Fountain show. Basically a whole lotta water sprayed around the right way to make them look as though they were dancing. It was actually quite a good show!


And this is Kiki, the weird looking green monkey thing that was the main character in the fountain show. Basically, they used light to project the computer generated characters onto a continuous big spray of water that acted as a screen for the light. Interesting stuff ....


And here's the famous Singapore Merlion getting major laser eye surgery. Kekeke, of course that's not the real Merlion. It's a replica used in the show.


The next day, we both decided to pay a visit to the Singapore Science Centre, which is actually a pretty big and fun place to hang out. We took this using a computer that generates mosaic pics out of normal pics. Funky!


I got a little lost in the anatomy section of the Science Centre...


And here's what we might look like if we were really little people on a food binge.


Here's one of those things with many long pins that make the shape of your hand when you press against it. Anyone know what it's called?


Anyway, to celebrate New year's eve, Kooi Im and I went to Clarke Quay, which has probably Singapore's nicest river. Which is still polluted anyway.


Here's a view of Clarke Quay under a little more romantic lighting.


There was a Mardi Gras going on Clarke Quay, so we got to see some fire-eaters doing their thing.


And some lovely 'ladies' doing THEIR thing.


And to end it off, here's a few miscellaneous fun pics I took out and about different parts of Singapore. Here's a pic on on Orchard Road. Right in the middle of the road too! Don't you just wanna know how I took this pic?


Some wise words I saw on the wall of a shopping complex along Orchard Road.


Here's the Singtel building which I saw during a ride on the MRT. I thought I'd take a pic coz' it looks like the architect who made it was either feeling very adventurous or very drunk.


And the very day I had to take the bus back to KL, I decided to first hop by City Harvest church to see what all the hype about this church is about. Now I know why. The crowd seen in the pic is probably less than one tenth of the amount of people in that place. Talk about Whoa!


And last but not least, a pic of the friendly neighbourhood doggy (I think it's a Chow Chow) that was kept at the backpackers we stayed at in Singapore. Nice doggy, but I forgot its name...dang.

Yes! I'm done putting up my Singapore pics! Now leave me alone! Not like anyone was bugging me for them anyway.... :P

No comments: