Saturday, April 14, 2012

Deflated

Today I told my mother that I'm afraid of getting married because I'm afraid if becoming like my parents who are constantly at loggerheads at each other. My mum actually said she's perfectly happy if I never get married for the same reason. I think that ranks pretty high one of the most emotionally deflating things a mother could ever say. The second being that whenever they argue, I have no right to my opinion on the matter, I'm just supposed to sit back and shut up while they fight about silly things. If I do say anything may be supportive of one parent or the other, apparently it's being disrespectful.

I should seriously consider moving out of this house one day.

1 comment:

cell said...

dont feel bad... look at others around you - some have good experiences and some bad. learn from the good. i have/had the same problem as you - not wanting to have children bcoz of all the bad kids/bad parents i've met in my life [and there're HEAPS...] but i need to look to the good examples and be inspired by them instead. i can tell you that marriage can be a blessing or a curse depending on who you marry/what you do with it! find someone who loves God and you'll be right ;D